Roasted Cheesy Cauliflower with Gemelli Pasta

This was my first attempt at making homemade Whole-Wheat Gemelli Noodles and I will definitely be making them again.  I found instructions on You Tube on how to shape them.



Cauliflower Cheese Sauce

1 small cauliflower, chopped
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp. thyme
salt and pepper
2 cups of broth (I used turkey broth)
1/2 cup or more of cheese (I used cheddar and mozza) - Swiss would be good too
1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt or fat-free sour cream
bread crumbs to sprinkle on top
Gemelli Pasta ... or any pasta

In a large bowl, add the cauliflower, onion, garlic and spices and coat with olive oil.  Roast in a 425 degree F oven until golden brown.  When roasted and slightly cooled, transfer the vegetables to a blender and add the broth.  Blend until smooth.  Pour in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Whisk in the cheese and yogurt and add more spices as desired.  

Add sauce to cooked pasta and sprinkle with spiced bread crumbs. You can end it there and enjoy. I, however, baked mine in the oven with extra cheese sprinkled on top.  Very yummy!






Comments